My Photo
Name:
Location: New Bern, NC, United States

My brain won't shut up.

Friday, October 06, 2006


I learned a lot of valuable things by completing Learning 2.0. When it comes to pure unadulterated fun, the image generators can't be beat. In fact, here's another!
The best thing about this process is that I'm very inspired by all the things I found and how they can help us make our public library system an integral part of the community. Programming podcasts? IM homework help? YouTube library tutorials? Book club blogs? The possibilities are endless and that's exciting and invigorating. There were also several tools that would be beneficial to us as professionals. Wikis to facilitate peer communication, tags and RSS feeds to help us organize all the massive amounts of information we collect, and web-based applications so that we can create and access saved text and spreadsheets on any Internet-ready computer anywhere. It's been a wonderfully rewarding experience for me.

That's not to say that I wasn't frequently frustrated. What really worried me and other library staff (I get around, you know) is that a lot of staff members just don't have the resources to complete these tasks even if they wanted to. The staff at teeny-tiny branches share 1 or 2 computers between the entire lot of them and they're pretty much in consistent use for circulation. Speaking of circulation, the workers in that department rarely have much time to spare. Perhaps if PLCMC does something similar to Learning 2.0 in the future they'll give employees a lengthier deadline and fewer tasks so that the necessary time expended won't seem so daunting.

I would most certainly do something like this again. Like I said at 'Brary Blog's beginning, I aspire to be a life-long learner and I refuse to allow my chosen occupation to become mundane. I'm up for any future challenges.

8 Comments:

Blogger HeleneB said...

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your comments. I like the image so much, I added it to L2 slide show:)
Thanks also for the feedback. It's hard to create a program that one size fits all no matter how hard you try.

Congrats

5:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CHeck out all the image generators on www.txt2pic.com (warning, need lots of spare time).

12:40 AM  
Blogger D. L. Serling said...

I like your image!

6:10 PM  
Blogger RNB Research said...

I appreciate the labor you have put in developing this blog. Nice and informative.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Beben Koben said...

visit here ^^

10:35 AM  
Blogger sam said...

I would really like your post ,it would really explain each and every point clearly well thanks for sharing.
Isuzu FSR Truck Turbocharger

2:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very valuable one. Recently i found a book of six decades of doctoral research in library and information science in India at http://librarygyaan.com which is very informative and valuable one!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very valuable one. Recently i found a book of six decades of doctoral research in library and information science in India at http://librarygyaan.com which is very informative and valuable one!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home