My Photo
Name:
Location: New Bern, NC, United States

My brain won't shut up.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I think that wikis are fantastic in many ways. I love the idea that you can go to places like Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki and share information with other library employees throughout the world. It's good for morale to communicate with others in the same profession and it's a wonderful way to discover innovative ideas to implement at your own library. We can all benefit from the success stories of other public libraries, and wikis are a great way to share such stories. The fact that anyone can come in and change things makes me nervous, but since it's easy to track changes this really isn't that big of a deal. To me, wikis symbolize the idea that everyone's opinion is valued. Because there are so many different employees here at PLCMC, I think it's vital to make everyone feel appreciated. One way of doing this is to make sure that there are clear lines of communication. Wikis could really help with this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish I knew anything about libraries. Just make sure not to get too many immoral books/periodicals!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home