My Photo
Name:
Location: New Bern, NC, United States

My brain won't shut up.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

What I like about del.icio.us is that you can organize a group of websites and access that list from any computer. When I was in school and using computers at both work and home to do research, this would have been a wonderful thing to know about. I had sites and article links saved all over the place! I also appreciate how detailed you can be when tagging the information. That's a much better method of organizing than just sticking things in folders. As soon as I went to the del.icio.us homepage I found a link to an article that I wanted to save. It was titled "Teens: E-mail is for Old People" and it's very relavent to the Future of IS. It just proves that we need to offer other forums to fulfill the informational needs of young adults. It's imperative that we start answering reference questions using IM and text messaging, so that we can meet the needs of our teen users and help ensure that the public library as an institution is still thought of as being necessary in the future.

So, yeah, I dig del.icio.us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home