My Photo
Name:
Location: New Bern, NC, United States

My brain won't shut up.

Friday, October 06, 2006

I used Netlibrary a lot when I was in telephone reference and avoiding any looming homework assignments between the fairly consistent barrage of calls. I liked to access Shakespeare e-books (e-plays?) and refresh my memory on all the really good lines. Many times I started to download audio-books in hopes of understanding the process so that I could thoroughly explain it to patrons, but I was at work and nervous about taking up too much computer space. I just looked up Shakespeare in the Netlibrary audiobooks and found one lonely little entry for Hamlet. Can you imagine reading all of Hamlet out loud? Hoo-boy, it's a good thing that the narrator, Frank Muller, has such a great reputation. I like that you can read about the narrator and listen to a preview before downloading the book. I think the number of available items could be a bit larger. They didn't have one blessed thing on Margaret Atwood, one of my favorite and fairly prolific authors. I keep reading about how the print collection will soon be obsolete. If that's the case we need to get busy making more things available through NetLibrary!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Perry said...

Hello, I am an MLIS student at UNCG and I am working on a project that examines the Learning 2.0 program implemented at PLCMC in 2006. Would you be will to answer a few quesitons for me? If you have time to do so, I would appreciate it greatly.

The questions are:

Did you participate in the Learning 2.0 program at PLCMC in 2006? If so, did you complete the program?

How challenging did you find it?

Have the skills learned in the program translated into your daily work? How so?

Do you have suggestions to make Learning 2.0 a better program? Would you recommend it?

Thank you for you time,
Elizabeth Perry

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, great post! It’s something I have never thought about, really, but it makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks for sharing
Chevrolet Impala Supercharger

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home