My Photo
Name:
Location: New Bern, NC, United States

My brain won't shut up.

Friday, October 06, 2006

I was looking over some different things in YouTube searching for something appropriate for this blog (man, there is A LOT of stuff that wasn't!) and I found a video of Neil Gaiman reading his short story, Babycakes. I adore Mr. Gaiman and this particular story is very well done. I really enjoy hearing authors read their own work. I go to poets.org often for this exact reason. Libraries could certainly use YouTube to fill many informational demands. They could upload tutorials for online resources and cataloging searches or post links to political and educational speakers.

The downside is that videos can take a very long time to open, if they open at all. Libraries would also have to be aware of any copyright infringements, which could get quite sticky with a site like YouTube.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monster Paperbag said...

babycakes.. i love that story :)..

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home