My Photo
Name:
Location: New Bern, NC, United States

My brain won't shut up.

Friday, October 06, 2006

I went to the website Eventful and I think it could be extremely useful to us in numerous ways as librarians. This website allows you to post event information and to search for events that are going on by location or category. The categories include such things as music, animals, art, book, festivals, clubs, businesses, movies, food and many more. I checked on a couple of public libraries that have already included their programming information on this site and it looks pretty good. Check out the Orange County Public Library's Eventful page. It's super convenient for an individual to find numerous local events all on one website. I think that people are just starting to utilize Eventful (there are currently 703 festival listings, for example) but it has enormous potential.

There's a part of the website that let's you demand a certain performer at your location and I think that's a neat little option. I don't know how much of a difference it would make, but I'm often angered by my favorite musicians choice to bypass the Carolinas completely. Now I can do something about it. Kind of.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray Creations said...

Thanks for this great post.
web designer

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home